The usefulness of a good quality table saw stand can’t be denied whether you are an expert or a novice. The stand makes the woodworking task easier, stable and safer to perform. The table saw can work efficiently with the saw table stable to accomplish the task at hand.
The major benefit of these stands is that they increase the portability of the table saw which means you can use the table saw wherever needed. There are numerous manufactures that offer some of the best table saw stands in the market. Read on to learn about the things you should consider when buying the stand and the 5 best table saw stands we recommend including Dewalt DWE7480 DIY stand.
Things to Consider
When buying table saw stands, following are a few things you should consider:
There are different types of materials used to create a table saw stand. It is important that you invest in a stand which is sturdy enough to withstand the pressure of sawing. Cheap stands use low quality materials which can also result in rusting. Steel and aluminum are considered sturdy materials for stand as they are able to withstand higher amount of pressure.
Depth Cutting and Width
This is another important factor you must consider before buying the stand. Determine the rip capacity of table saw blade to determine if the stand can withstand it. You can find this out on the catalog that came with the table saw.
Construction and Design
Determine if the table saw stand has a strong design and construction for enhanced longevity. The design should be collapsible and compact for easier storage and transportation.
As mentioned above, portability is amongst the major features of the table saw stand. A stand with mobility features like wheels and light weight can make an efficient portable stand. This will ensure that you can easily carry it around the workplace or at any location needed.
It is important to look for a stand which is easy and quick to set up and use. This will help in saving time and effort, and keep you focused more on the task at hand, instead of wasting time trying to set up the stand and adjusting the table saw.
The table saw stand you purchase should be versatile enough to perform the right type of work you are used to doing. There are various stands that are designed for specific wood cutting tasks while others can accommodate numerous types of wood cutting jobs. Therefore, it is best to ensure that the stand you pick out can fit the table saws you use.
This is one of the most important things you have to consider. It is best to determine a budget for the table saw stand so you can shortlist the stands which would make it easier for you to pick. The price of the table saw stands will vary depending on the brand you want to buy, as well as the features it includes. This is the best way to narrow down your choices. Although, it is highly recommended that you have a higher budget if you use table saw frequently for your work as this will be a good investment for the long run.
These factors will help you in picking out the right table saw stand for your work which will work work best as per your requirements and budget.
Types of Table Saw Stands
Now that you know the important factors to consider when buying a table saw stand, it is important you also know about the various types of table saw stands available in the market. Following are the main types of stands for table saws:
- Fixed Stand – just as the name suggest, this stand is fixed at a specified location. This eliminates the portability of the stand but this stand can be placed in a secured area which can reduce the chances of any accidents.
- Adjustable Stand – this stand is created from quality steel. These are available in various sizes and shapes but the common thing about these is their collapsible and compact design. Some have adjustable features and come with casters or wheels.
- Portable Stand – this is the most common and mostly used table saw stand because of its mobility features. They can be moved anywhere without any issues. This is also best for home use and these types of stands come with useful features.
- Stand Extension – this stand is extendable from both sides of the table saw. This is focused on the compactable feature of the stand. It can easily cut larger sizes of woods by extending it and can be easily stored in small places.
- Aluminum Stand – this stand is like the adjustable stand but only the material is different. The use of aluminum material makes this stand lighter and increases its mobility.
5 Recommended Table Saw Stands
Here are the 5 best table saw stands you can consider for your sawing needs:
1. Dewalt DW7451 Compact Table Saw Stand
This table saw stand by Dewalt is not only compact and solid but also provides a safer working environment.
Dewalt DW7451 is especially designed for easy storage and transport. It is constructed with heavy duty tube steel which helps in supporting tough pressure from the table saw.
It is compatible with DWE7480 as well as other models of saw stands. It comes with integrated hardware holes for secure the saw for better and safer performance.
2. Dewalt DW7440RS Rolling Saw Stand
This rolling table saw stand by Dewalt is dependable and versatile. It is constructed with heavy duty aluminum and includes innovative details.
Dewalt DW7440RS has an ideal height which enables you to have a better control over your wood pieces for accurate cuts. It is merely 33 pounds and comes with folding legs, as well as heavy duty wheels, making it highly mobile.
It is also easy to use and store.
3. Dewalt DWE74911 Rolling Table Saw Stand
This is another rolling stand by Dewalt which offers excellent stability and is easier to setup as compared to others.
The Dewalt DWE74911 table saw stand is extremely lightweight, which enhances its portability and mobility. It has been constructed with highly durable steel and its design promotes easier unloading and loading. This is an effective DWE7480 stand.
4. Shop Fox D2275 Tool Stand
This is a sturdy stand by Shop Fox which can be a good DWE7480 stand. It has a height of 24 inches and the support cross braces offers excellent capacity and strength.
Shop Fox D2275 comes with rubber feet and flared legs to provide a stable base for your table sawing needs. This stand has a capacity to withstand 1000 lbs and is also lightweight which increases its portability. Moreover, it also comes with an option to add in a second shelf on the base.
5. SPTA70WT-ST Saw Table Saw Stand
This table saw stand is great for portability and offers increased security with its featured latches which helps in properly securing the table saw.
SPTA70WT-ST is perfect to be used on uneven and unstable surfaces as its legs can be adjusted accordingly. The rubber feet further increases the stability. It is also lightweight making it easy for transportation and setting up.
Creating a Dewalt DWE7480 DIY Stand
In addition to buying a table stand, you also have the option of building one yourself. Trust me, it’s not as difficult as you might think!
What I am going to do, is show you the basic steps of how to build a stand for a popular table saw such as the Dewalt DWE7480.
If you use the Dewalt DWE7480 often and are still unsure about which stand to use for it, you can always create the stand yourself. Dewalt DWE7480 DIY stand would be perfect as you can make it as per your needs and requirements. Of course, it will require some time and effort but once you are done, you will have a perfect stand.
This Dewalt DWE7480 DIY stand would also be great for properly storing your precious table saw as you probably don’t want the table saw lying around on the floor. The best thing about creating a DIY stand is you can be as creative as you want and add in plenty of storage space for your other tools as well. If you don’t want to spend money on commercial table saw stand, especially if they don’t meet your requirements, then simply build it yourself.
Here are the things you would need.
- Plywood – ¾ inch
- Wood pieces – 2 (each 2-by-4-by-8-foot)
- Wood pieces – 2 (each 4-by-4-by-6-foot)
- Screws – 2 ½ inches
- Screws – 1 ½ inches
- Tape measure
- Electric Saw
If you want to customize it further, you would need more plywood, wood pieces, and screws of course.
Here are the basic steps you can follow to create your Dewalt DWE7480 DIY stand:
- Start by cutting the 2 by 4 pieces in half. You will end up with two 122 cm pieces.
- Next, start cutting the 2 by 4 pieces in two pieces each of 114.3 cm.
- After that, you cut the two 4 by 4 pieces in half as well. You will end up with four 91.4 cm pieces.
- Once all the pieces are cut, begin laying the two 122 cm pieces opposite to one another, about four feet apart.
- Begin inserting two 114.3 cm pieces in between those two pieces. You will end up with around 122 cm square frame.
- Use the 2 ½ inch screws to join the frame together.
- Next, take the plywood and cut it into 122 cm square and then put it on top of the square frame.
- Use the 1 ½ inch screws to fix the plywood to the frame. Make sure you are putting screws every 6 inch apart.
- By now you will have your table top.
- Turn the table over to attach 91.4 cm pieces of 4 by 4 to all the corners. These will be the legs.
This is it. Your DIY table saw stand is ready to be used. You can paint it if you want, or add in more storage or drawers as per your needs.
You are now equipped with the right information to select the most suitable table saw stand for your work. Moreover, you can pick any of the recommended table saw stands as per your requirements and budget or even create your own.