Whether you’re a professional or a DIY enthusiast, air compressors offer a range of options of tools and tasks that can be completed.
When it comes to choosing the best 110v air compressor, it will mostly come down to the job that you need to perform. Inflating tires, equipment, as well as toys, will not require an air compressor with a high PSI or CFM.
For jobs that require power tools, you may be in need of a higher PSI or CFM out of your compressor.
To help you find out which air compressor best suits your needs, we have compared three of the top air compressors and reviewed them to help you decide on the best 110-volt air compressor for you.
Option 1: PORTER-CABLE C2002-WK Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor
We’ve reviewed the Porter-Cable C2002-WK Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor before and are reviewing it again for the purpose of the top 110-volt air compressors.
This powerful machine can serve a variety of purposes such as roof and floor-nailers, brad guns, airbrushing, and even staplers. Although it is suitable for power tools, it’s important to note that this specific compressor is rated at 2.6 CPM at 90PSI and may not power all tools.
The tank, a full six gallons, is heavy but it helps to remove strain from the motor and prevent overheating, unlike smaller tanks with similar output power.
Considering how large a tank this machine has, as well as how powerful it is, it runs very quietly. Below are other pros for this compressor:
- Two outlets for powering two appliances at once
- Low cost
- Extremely large capacity tank, most comparable compressors have one to two-gallon tanks
- Perfect for home or professional use
- Easy to operate
Although the machine is affordable, that comes with drawbacks on its own.
The accessories that accompany the machine are very low quality and won’t satisfy any serious user. So you may need to purchase your own. Below are other cons for this compressor:
- Although quiet for its size, may be louder than expected
- Quality of some of the hardware (regulators and valves) is sub-par
The PORTER-CABLE C2002-WK Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor can be found on Amazon at:
Option 2: Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak, 1/2 hp running 1-Gallon Compressor
We’ve reviewed this air compressor many times and it has frequently made our top 10 lists for a reason.
A powerful air compressor, the Senco PC1010 runs extremely quiet and is very lightweight.
It reaches a maximum pressure of 125PSI and can attain maximum output in only 128 seconds. This compressor is great for hobbyist and strong enough for power tools such as nail guns, although it would not be strong enough for an airbrush.
It pushes between 20 and 44 drivers per minute depending on the type of impact tool you’re using it for. Since this compressor’s top output is 4 amps, it is very unlikely to trip your breakers. The oil-free engine requires little-to-no maintenance and is backed by a one year warranty.
The Senco PC1010 is surprisingly quiet for the output power and is extremely light.
Below are other pros for this compressor:
- At 125PSI, it’s perfect for light use and renovation/remodel jobs
- Short pump up and rapid recharge time
- It’s more portable than almost any other small compressor available
- Exceptional quality
- More stable than most small air compressors
- The foam wrapping on the handle deteriorates quickly and easily
- The small tank size can be inconvenient depending on your needs
- Can only be used with one hose at a time
- Overheats if used continuously
- Small leakage will impact performance due to small tank size
The Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak, 1/2 hp running 1-Gallon Compressor can be found on Amazon at:
Option 3: California Air Tools CAT-5510SE Ultra Quiet and Oil-Free 1.0-HP 5.5-Gallon Steel Tank Air Compressor
We have reviewed this air compressor and others from California Air Tools before but usually in regards to the noise output.
This time, we have it on our list of top 110-volt air compressors. This quiet air compressor puts out only around 60 decibels and was even our top pick for quiet air compressors.
The engine power is roughly estimated at 1HP which is strong enough for some powered and impact tools.
This tool is very quick for inflating tires and can even be used for tattoo equipment and engravers thanks to the quiet operation of this compressor. The oil-free operation system helps keep the air around you clean and ensures better operation with less maintenance.
This air compressor can operate at 3.10 CFM at 40PSI as well as 2.20CFM at 90 PSI making it useful tasks beyond inflating tires.
- The California Air Tools 5510SE Air Compressor is one of the quietest air compressors on the market for its size and strength. Below are other pros for this compressor:
- Thermal overload protector keeps the machine from overheating and burning out
- The machine is designed to increase duty cycles and allow longer continuous run times
- It has an oil-free pump for cleaner air and better operation
- Very affordable
- Some people have stated that the California Air Tools 5510SE experiences a bit of slow leakage. Below are other cons for this compressor:
- Does not come with a hose
- Fill time is slightly longer than normal since the motor is 1HP, rather than 2.5 or 3 like similar compressors
The California Air Tools CAT-5510SE Ultra Quiet and Oil-Free 1.0-HP 5.5-Gallon Steel Tank Air Compressor can be found on Amazon at :
Which of the Three is Our Pick?
All three air compressors are the best bang for your buck when it comes to 110-volt air compressors. All three models are suitable for professional and at home projects and can serve a wide variety of purposes. If you are in need of a larger tank, and a bit more power, the PORTER-CABLE C2002-WK Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor may just edge out the other two.
If you are looking for something that is more geared towards smaller or DIY projects, the California Air Tools 5510SE Air Compressor may be your best bet. All three machines are suitable and come highly recommended by us. No matter our decision, in the end, you should be the final judge on which will perform best for your needs.