Finding the right table saw can be quite a challenge indeed, so here we present our findings from the comparison of two popular table saw models, the DeWalt DWE7491RS vs Bosch 4100-09 standoff.
There are so many different types of table saws on the market, it can make anyone go crazy! Each table saw has its own features, its own set of pros and cons, and which one you need depends heavily on your personal requirements. Trying to shuffle through all that information can make anyone’s head spin!
That’s why we are here to try and help you narrow things down a little.
When choosing the best table saw for yourself, you’ll want to consider the different features you’d be getting from each model. There are a number of things you can consider before making your purchase from the horsepower of your tool to the type of blade you’ll be getting.
As a general rule for comparison, we’ve listed five major features we think are important to take into consideration before making your choice.
Top Table Saw Features You Need To Consider
The portability of your table saw will be an important factor to consider if you will be taking the tool with you to different jobs.
Designs that have collapsible designs or wheels and are small enough to easily fit into your vehicle are the best choice if you’re looking for something portable.
Table saws can take up a lot of space depending on the model you choose. The table saw you ultimately choose should be one that is compatible with the space you have available to you. There is no point buying a tool that you have to squeeze into your workspace.
You know what they say; safety first!
When making your decision, keep in mind that safety is a huge priority and should not be neglected when choosing a tool. Tools with advanced safety features may demand more bang for their buck, but they can be absolutely worth it if it means they will
The main function of your table saw should be to help you make accurate cuts without fuss. Look for tools that will offer you good precision and smooth cutting to get the best possible option.
What’s the point of a table saw that is clunky and uncomfortable to use? You want to make sure that the tool you are purchasing is not only efficient but also easy to use.
This means that you should be able to adjust and align your blade without much hassle and your tool should be compatible with any accessories you may add on.
Now that you know what to look out for in a table saw, we’re going to help you narrow down your choices even further! In this article, were going to compare the DeWalt DWE7491RS and the Bosch 4100-09 to help you figure out which one of these is the best table saw model to suit your needs and preferences.
The DeWalt DWE7491RS Table Saw
Beginning our DeWalt DWE7491RS vs Bosch 4100-09 comparison, the first of the two table saws that we want to look at is this the DeWalt DWE7491RS.
DeWalt is an American brand of power and hand tools meant for construction, manufacturing, and woodwork industries. It is a subsidiary organization of Stanley Black and Decker. The brand has built a very reputable and highly trusted image for itself over the years. It has a number of high performing tools and table saws. The DeWalt DWE7491RS does not fail to deliver with its top-notch features and quality.
This model was first launched in 2013 and is a great table saw with a host of different features (more on that below). It is an ideal choice for cutting things like hardwood and larger planks for projects such as shelves, cupboards, or racks.
Let’s take a closer look at the main features that this table saw brings to the table (pun totally intended!)
- Powerful 15-amp motor
- 25-1/4 x 22-inch table
- 10-inch job site table saw
- 5-inch rip capacity
- Highly portable – wheels and folding stand
- Great rack and pinion fence system
- Telescoping fence rails
- Lots of onboard storage
- 2 ½ inch dust collection port
- Aesthetics are important sometimes! This model is a very good looking table saw that will surely turn heads wherever you take it.
- Out of all table saws of this size, this particular one has one of the highest rip capacities out there, making it ideal for larger sawing
- The advanced rack and pinion system allows for a great range of cutting jobs. It is very versatile and promises some pretty accurate cuts every time.
- Making fine adjustments becomes easy with the DeWalt DWE7491RS table saw
- The fact that the DeWalt DWE7491RS comes with lots of onboard storage is another big bonus. It allows you to store everything you need with the saw itself, saving you the hassle of needing to find alternate storage spaces.
- The folding stand combined with the wheels and the handle makes the DeWalt DWE7491RS easy to transport and fairly easy to set up. This is particularly great if you work a number of different jobs and require your tools to have great portability.
- The fairly powerful motor makes quick work of most cutting jobs making this a time efficient choice for a table saw.
- The DeWalt DWE7491RS table saw features a very high level of durability thanks to some very high-quality components being used in its construction.
- One of the only bad things about the DeWalt DWE7491RS table saw is that the base, or in other words, the folding stand, is quite large. While it is easy to set up, finding a large enough area that is also flat to fit this tool can be a bit of a challenge.
- The other small problem that we have with the DeWalt DWE7491RS is that the deck is not 100% perfectly flat, which can cause some issues when working with it.
Value for Money
Price Range: High
If you’re looking for a cheap table saw, this is not the one. Models range from roughly $599-$900 putting this table saw higher up on the price range spectrum.
If you are interested in learning more about this particular table, just click the link below and jump straight to the product page on Amazon.
The Bosch 4100-09 Table Saw
The second table saw we will be looking at is the Bosch 4100-09 table saw.
Bosch, also known as Robert Bosch GmbH, is an engineering and electronics company based in Germany. It is one of the industry leaders in making innovate products to help mobility, home improvements, and industry endeavors.
Their table saw Bosch 4100-09, which we should mention is also included in our table saws review section, is a little different from the DeWalt table saw we just looked at.
While the DeWalt is built for capacity, durability, and efficiency, the Bosch 4100-09 is optimized in terms of high-quality features, safety, and accuracy. Its compact design is a definite bonus!
Let’s take a closer look at the various features which you get with the Bosch 4100-09 table saw so you can make a better-informed decision about whether this is the table saw for you or not.
- 29 x 5-inch working area
- Features a square lock rip fence
- Has a 25-inch ripping capacity
- Bosch Smart Guard System
- Cool gravity-rise stand
- Folding stand and wheels for transportation
- Great rpm of 3,650
- 10-inch job site table saw
- Digital fence for a high level of accuracy
- Very high-quality parts
- Thanks to the digital fence system which the Bosch 4100-09 comes with, it provides you with very accurate cutting results. Setting angles and widths is extremely simple thanks to the easy to read digital fence display. This is one of our favorite features with this model.
- The Bosch 4100-09 table saw is built to be very portable and convenient to use. It is not too large or heavy, which means that you can easily get it in and out of your truck, plus moving it around is not hard either. It comes with pneumatic wheels and a handle, making it easy to traverse a job site. Being so compact also means that it is not too hard to find a place to set the Bosch 4100-09 up.
- The Bosch 4100-09 is a very safe table saw to use. Besides the Smart Guard System, it also comes with a couple of other high-quality safety components to keep you as safe as humanly possible.
- The Bosch 4100-09 is ideal for smaller- and medium-sized jobs. The rip capacity and deck space are not huge, but for average-sized projects, it should really not be an issue.
- Like the DeWalt DWE7481RS, this model too comes with storage options, so you don’t need to waste efforts on separate storage units.
- The Bosch 4100-09 table saw does not have as much working area as the DeWalt model which can limit the kind of projects that this table saw is capable of doing.
- The Bosch 4100-09 table saw is not quite as powerful as the other saw, which means it can’t handle as big of items as the DeWalt. Again, this may be a limiting factor if you want to take on heavier duty jobs.
- Some people actually have a problem using the digital readouts on the Bosch 4100-09. This can cause difficulty in the usability of this device.
- Users have complained that this table saw wears out fairly quickly. If you have a lot of use for a table saw such as for professional jobs as opposed to personal projects, this may not be a good option.
Value for Money
Price Range: Medium
We classify the Bosch 4100-09 as part of a medium price range, as it can be found in the $300 to $400 price range. Other sellers may have a higher selling price, depending on where you place your order.
Are you interested in learning more? For more detailed specs and reviews, click the link below and go straight to the product page.
DeWalt DWE7491RS vs Bosch 4100-09: The Verdict
So, what’s the verdict on the Dewalt DWE7491RS vs. Bosch 4100-09 analysis? Which is the best table saw for you?
Well, there is really no doubt about the fact that both of these table saws are really excellent tools in their own right. Which one you choose depends on what you want out of your tool and the use you will have for it.
To sum it up here’s how we think the two models stack up against each other:
When to Choose the DeWalt DWE7491RS
If you want a larger table saw with a big deck and lots of ripping capacity, this is the model to go for. Despite it’s higher price point, it is a powerful tool that boasts very high-quality parts and has a really sweet fence system too.
If you’re a professional who will be working lots of different jobs or if you want a table saw that is going to last you a long time, the DeWalt DWE7491RS is a good investment.
When to Choose the Bosch 4100-09
On the other hand, the Bosch 4100-09 is a cheaper option for those who aren’t looking to spend a lot on their tool. It’s a little more portable, compact, easy to set up, and comes with a great set of safety features.
While it does not have quite as much working space or power as the DeWalt, it is a lot more accurate and easier to use. This is a good choice for those who want to work on their own creative projects or who do not require quite as much horsepower and durability as the DeWalt.
We’ve done our bit; now it’s up to you to choose the table saw you think suits you!